Hi Jim,

Being udged unfairly is hurtful.  Being judged unfairly by someone that will never have an understanding that this is not a 'one size fits all' world, is worse than hurtful, it's doltish.  I, for one, am glad you have shown that you are better than they.

With Love,

Dave Kelmer, Texas Representative for SCIC Group
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/scic/
C-4/5 Complete
04/25/1976 - At the Age of 22
Wichita Falls, TX
Father & Grandfather
Yahoo ID: davekelmer

Jim Lubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well, I was one of them.

Like Stacy, I got sick and the result was me becoming a vent dependent and paralyzed from the neck down when I was 21. I woke up with a sore shoulder, an hour later I had trouble standing, then stopped breathing. I've been paralyzed ever since.

When I was in rehab, the psychiatrist in all his wisdom, had another vent dependent quad come in to talk to me. This guy had gotten drunk and dove off a pier into shallow water. So me who never drank before and became paralyzed by a completely unknown cause thought this guy was an idiot and brought it upon himself. Can you see why I would feel that way? It's not like I did anything to put my own life in danger.

Jim