This may be difficult to believe, but its true.  I've had a couple (not alot) of clients from California and Voc Rehab Clients.  Voc Rehab, not only purchased and paid for the van but the modifications too.  California, is the only state that did this, that I know of.
Now if the rest of the States got smart.......