Hi Gayle,

The problem, I think, with my flap pulling open is that he didn't take muscle or skin from anywhere else and instead moving everything up in my thigh and it was just too tight so it pulled at the incision.  The rest healed beautifully.  Not everyone is the same case.  If he could surgically do it again using muscle from the top of my leg, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  I'd love to be able to get up and move around, get back to school, and stop it with the damn dressing changes.  I'm sick of them.

Stacy
----- Original Message -----
From: RollinOn
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] NEW TO LIST, KIND OF.

Hello Gayle,
I'm Mark another C5/6 and I had or kind of still have a sore in the same spot. I aquired it in a nursing home about 6 years ago and after I changed homes (because they would've surely killed me) I went to another one which helped it get almost closed but never could get it to completely close and I left there with it and tried for almost 2 years to heal it with everything you could imagine with no luck. It was very small, about the size of a dime and I finally said just put a small bandage over it and change it daily. It never closed but healed like a tiny belly button above my butt(looks like my torso has 2, 1 on each  side) and I never have any problems with it now it's just a small hole.

Mark