AD is Autonomic Dysreflexia. If they do not know what it is you might ask if a doctor or a registered nurse can be contacted. It can lead to stroke and heart failure. Does he have a doctor of record? You won't cure a UTI without antibiotics.

john

In a message dated 7/4/2006 5:29:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Thank you miss Liz and Eric olsen for all of your great advice one more thing............He says he has a mild case of AD going on I called the local ER they don't know what that is or how they can help him?????????

Miss Liz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

there's a dr. and nurse to answer questions
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 10:21 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Broken bones

the vicodin makes him very out of it and talk about wierd stuff?????   thank you!  you are a big help to me.  You deserve a medal! thank you thank you thank you

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
A physiatrist is a rehabiliation doctor. He is more likely to be aquainted with quadriplegics. County contracted vehicle? dayum.
If you can take his blood preasure then keep an eye on it. Watch that the bottom number doesn't stay over 100 for very long. Keep him passing fluids and be sure the brace isn't too tight. You should be able to feel his pulse in his feet. You can turn him and use pillows to prop and stabilize his leg. Tell him not to freak.That won't help.
If he says hes shaking violently inside and his muscles are contracting uncontrollably then hes having Autonomic dysreflexia. You need to get his heart elevated and get him to the hospital to control it
stay calm. I broke a lot of bones when I broke my neck. Give him aspirin for his fever. You can double on the vicodin if hes in a lot of pain when you turn him.  If you have extra egg crates you can put them on the bed so you don't have to turn him as often
You might want to try gettin him thinking about other stuff.
If you have to ride in a county whatever, ask the driving doood to drive like a careful old man cause you intend to sue the other driving doood for driving like a moron without securing the patient properly
I don't know much about whats happening with him. If he cant calm down then he should probably be at the hospital. Sending you home without any blood preasure meds was stupid, but doctors aren't always real smart.

john