I live in a nursing home in a small rural town that's developing rapidly. A state road (228) runs in front of our home and is less than a mile to the highway express and when you're outside our front entrance or near our duck pond you can hear and watch the traffic as it heads into town or towards Jacksonville. Our back yard is a staff parking lot but outside my window, which faces north, used to be a quiet wooded area but has been mowed down and now there's hills of dirt growing and then disappearing as construction vehicles go back and forth busily preparing the once forested land for the town's newest bank. And early next year we're slated to have a super Walmart built about a half mile or so from us, we're very excited.

Sad, isn't it? :-p

Steph