From: tahouston
Date: 07/15/06 15:45:01
To: Greg
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Wal-Mart

If Wal-Mart moves into your community, the community can vote it out by continuing to shop at the mom-and-pop stores.  If you took the average wage of the so-called illegal immigrants sweeping the floors at night, they still would not be paying taxes.  Sometimes Americans forget that poor people do not pay taxes.  Most people in the lower tax brackets get between 90 to 100% refund.  There can be a Wal-Mart in the neighborhood and you can still continue to shop where ever you would like.

Most Americans live hurried lives.  They enjoy the cheap prices and a one-stop shop.  As I was driving by the Ford Motor Company assembly plant in Illinois, I notice most of the employee cars in the parking lot were foreign-made.  We all say we would like to invest into American products but deep down inside we refuse to pay the higher prices.

T. Houston C5 C6