GeeZ.  For awhile I thought that same.And I didn't want to be part of his thing. But 1/2 x carried a brief case with his written wishes, in the event of an emergency and he wanted any efforts to survive. He wife divorced him awhile back and his kids and extended family doesn't have anything to do with him since he taken up with a girl that is 1/2 his age.(lol)
My heart goes out to the guy and I'm sure that if anyone else on this board were faced with the same situation, they would have done the same as I.