I was injured in 74 and wearing a Foley catheter, in 85 , I was diagnosed with bladder cancer.  And I went through chemotherapy for three months (I don't remember exactly how long) it did not work, so they decided to remove my bladder.  There were a few other options, that he did not think they would be best for me for me.  Two years ago , my mother was diagnosed with bladder cancer, in a removed her bladder also.

I know they can make some kind of artificial bladder inside, but I don't know anything about it.

I thought wearing a bag would be really horrible, but it turned out to be , not that much different than wearing a bed bag and catheter.  Easier to change. I cannot empty myself, so I attach mind to a bed bag that hangs on my chair.  I have a black bag made out of windbreaker materials with Velcro, across the top , and in a V-shaped on the bottom with Velcro also.  That works at easier, so I can drink as much as I want to.  I was told to drink about 2 quarts a day with it.  I don't think the frequency of UTI's is any different than catheter.

I have never had any problems with my ostomy slip my mothers does and it is painful daily. She is AB and can feel.

  That would be a good question for the group.  How many UTI to all of us have a year.

Dana ( C4-5, 32 years post, 52, Prairie Village, Kansas suburb, of Kansas City)

When I went to Craig the first time in 88 , I was told that they had only one other person with a ileal conduit or urostomy.