They send be anti-microbial (supposed to be good at preventing infections) tipped catheter to me, but believe it or not I am allergic to practically everything and wouldn't you know what I'm allergic to this.  I have to use a latex catheter which has a simple silicone coating.  For some reason I am allergic to silicone catheters and silicone trach's.  I don't have to use a trach any longer, since I was able to get off the ventilator, but when I did, the trach adhered to my skin and had to be ripped out by the ENT clinic.  Ouch!  It took me eight years to convince my doctor that they needed to do reconstructive surgery so I would feel comfortable wearing normal shirts which exposed my trach scar.  It used to be an enormous chasm reminiscent of the Grand Canyon.
Quadius
Greg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I started with a 16f about 10 years ago, and still use it.
Also, to help prevent UTIs, I use the Silver Coated catheters. I think it has really helped.
Greg

Theres a guy in felicity that told me he began with a 12 french about 20 years ago and now hes using a garden hose   *wink*

Do you Yahoo!?