I have an indwelling catheter and have reduced the inflation of the balloon to
5 cc on my own initiative.  When I mentioned it to my urologist he said that
any one that cannot tolerate the 10 CC's shouldn't have an indwelling catheter.
I have kept using the five CC's for several years and can't quite figure out
his argument.
I have had the indwelling catheter for 30 years and had various problems
including significant bladder spasms which have been a source of hypereflexia
and even caused hospitalizations.  I have been taking a double dose
anti-spasticity medication for the bladder under my doctors orders.  He has
said it is a matter of time until the medication is no longer effective and
then I will need some type of surgery.  I have been juggling medications for
several years to avoid and prevent the surgery.  How is the smaller balloon
working for you?  Best of luck... Dan T.

"B. Kimberlin (Quadius)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  I usually use around 8 cc,
however, I think this is more experimental and depends on every individual's
needs.
Quadius

Dan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   I have had periods of bleeding through my
Supra Pubic. I decided to reduce the inflation of the balloon from 10ccs to
5ccs. Since then - so far - no bleeding and
it is more comfortable. Anyone else done this?

Dan V

  Get your own web address.