You are right Steve, to a certain extent.  Mapping senses both  pressure and
heat and you may be tested over an hour or more to determine a base  level,
with tolerances.  The sensing pad is like a large checkerboard with  a lot more
squares with sensors.  Ask anyone who has been map'd if it truly  made a
difference and worth the effort to seek further info.

In a message dated 1/25/2007 5:13:32 P.M. Central Standard Time,