From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; quad-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] RE: Vocalize & iTalk Voice Controlled Cell Phone Systems

I don't even know if we have a waiting list for all modifications in Kansas.  I
was on one and number of years ago and had a doctor's request for two door
openers.  When the money was available, a company that had given the bid had
gone out of business and it would not let me go to another company with the
money.  I thought that was really rotten, but what do you expect from
vocational rehabilitation.

That's too bad that your state does not have.  I don't think mine covers cell
phones but I have never asked and I think you could only get one every so often.

Dana

Unfortunately for some of us, our states do not have a telephone program. The
only way that I can get a speech activated telephone in Nevada is to get on the
waiting list at the Center for Independent living, and hope that the funding
will be enough to supply us with a phone. I have not bothered to do this since
I was able to get the cell phone that is working so well for me. I have been on
a waiting list for a door opener for two years now. Hopefully, after July 1,
the funding will be available.

California's phone system seems to be awesome, if you need a specialized phone,
the phone company supplies to the party at no charge. I'm only 5 miles away
from the state line, but since I don't want to live in California I'll stay

Have a great day Joan