Thanks so much Dave !  You and Greg Both gave very useful information about
your chairs, and shopping for a new powerchair is harder than shopping for a
new car  lol.....Get well soon !      Dan

"David K. Kelmer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:    Hi Danny,

  Yes, I got a Quantum 6000 in June, '06.  I really like the way the chair
feels under me.  I did have custom seating put on because of my right leg and
part of my hip being removed in '89, but the way the chair responds under me is
what I mean.  I have Tilt, Recline, and a power auto leg adjustment for just
one leg, with just two power buttons and a joystick to control it all, it works
fine for me.  I can get about 6.5 MPH and have made a 4 mile trek with power
left when I got home.  It has front suspension casters that make getting over
rough terrain nice.  The only problem I've run into was while I was in the
hospital the batteries didn't get charged, and I had to have a friend pull the
battery pack and use a car battery charger to recharge them.  It just may be
this charger that I have, but as long as I don't let the 'charge indicator
lights' get to red, this charger will recharge it okay.  The dealer has taken
all of my calls, and talked us through pulling out the
 battery pack.  I give it an overall A+.  On the web site there is an
"Interactive Product Demo" on the yellow strip to the right of the bottom of
the pic of the chair that is useful.
http://www.pridemobility.com/quantum/PowerBases/MidWheel_6/6000/6000.html

   I hope this helps.

    With Love,

CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 30 Years Post

  Texas, USA

Greg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
        Hi,
  My TDX5 has been pretty good, the local dealer has been slow. I still need
some minor adjustments I’m waiting for. I like the speed 7.5 mph, not the
fastest chair, but fast for mid-wheel drive. I’d never go back to rear-wheel
drive unless it was an outdoor chair only. Front or mid-wheel drive is so much
better indoors. (Though takes getting use to.) Plus I can turn 360 inside my
mini van. If mostly inside, I’d stay away from rear-wheel drive. Plus, a lot of
mid-wheel drive chairs can get up a 2-3 inch curb. My Permobil was pretty good
after a few early problems. Great for indoors, yard, and park, just not very
fast. If you need power elevating footrest, get a center post, not individual
foot rests. They are big and clunky, and have to be plugged-in and un-plugged
every time you take them off. Big hassle. At least on the TDX.
  Greg