I would not wait til the last minute to seek help. Can you go to the zoning
commission and see if they will help. Get your facts together in advance,
maybe  ask for a continuance of the case.

In my son's case we never use the H/C spaces unless there are several  vacant
because of the lift..it lets down and spots are never large enough to  allow
for room to get him off the lift.Then when you return  someone has  usually
parked beside you  and you are stuck.

What we usually do is  drive along side where he needs to get out and  then
unload him and the other person goes and parks the van. Works fine for  us.

Carol, mother to John, brainstem stroke 2001