Ken, thanks for the feedback in regard to bone density loss.  The FES sounds
expensive.  Did you have to buy a system?  What is the cost?  Thanks, Dan T.

Ken Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Dan,

Don't go to that doctor again.
Alendronate Sodium has been around for a while and can be effective.
It's trade name is Fosamax. It is prescribed for women with
osteoporosis. It's job is to reverse bone density loss. There is no
reason a male cannot take it. I had a bone desity scan done on my
legs and hips which showed some signs of bone density loss. After a
regimen of Fosamax for about 1 year I got another scan and it showed
improvement. This will work best when combined with weight bearing
activity. I actually did not use the standing frame as much as I
should have, but I rode an ERGYS FES bike almost daily that provides
some weight bearing type activity. There are other drugs out now that
also may be of use that compete with Fosamax. Talk to your doctor (or
find one with a clue). I am sure most drugs designed to combat
osteoporosis would be of use to you even though you are a male. Good
luck.