An eight-month-old fetus is very different from an embryo.  That's why there
are laws against abortion after a certain time.  No, I don't see a problem with
using what I don't consider a human life to better myself and anyone like us.
We're different than 50-150 cells that are going to be destroyed anyway.

Jim Lubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   Angie,
I do respect your opinion, even if I don't agree with it. You at least state
that you define "a life" as having a consciousness. I am not aware if an 8
month old fetus has a consciousness or not but I would consider that stage of
development a life. That is why I define a human life from the point of
conception, joining of a egg and sperm.

You wonder why you shouldn't have the option to use embryos for research just
because you don't consider it a life? You don't see a problem with the premise
of your question? You don't consider it a life so why should anyone prevent you
from taking it to better your life.