John, glad to hear that it was not a you they referred to and you are alive and
well.  But the John in question is still unknown.  Below is the post that
prompted the e-mail.  Dan T.
  To me it sounded as if he was almost bipolar, but that is mere speculation
based on all of the information I heard I don't believe I ever came out and
said what truly was going on in JOHN's life. One of the truly sad part of the
story was that he was actually on the phone with his best friend and his wife
when the sheriff's department showed up, after being called to the scene by a
concerned neighbor. Believe it or not, he told his friend and wife that he was
going to have to go because the police were breaking down the door and he
needed to end things. The deputies that went in to check on his well-being then
heard a shot in the garage and found him there with a gunshot wound to the
head.
  Many people around here, including myself, are really tore up about this, but
one of the overwhelming emotions that comes out in this particular type of case
is anger. Why did it have to come to this? The only good thing that came out of
this is that the television station started to discuss suicide much more than
they had in the past. I had noticed the absolute absence of the subject and
considering that it accounts for many more deaths in my area than homicide, I
think preventive measures and signs should be publicized much more readily by
the broadcast systems.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:    Ouch Dan. I've never tried suicide. I'm sure that
dashes some hopes. Not sure why you would think I did that.
Quadius, do you have some thoughts bugging you? Somehow I can't find the rest
of this thread. I hope everyone is in good spirits.

  john