I would  appreciate any suggestions for links from you or anyone else.

Thank you.

Dana

In a message dated 5/15/2007 1:29:11 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Be  real nice cause your power company may be able to fix you up and write it
off.  It makles them look like corporate nice guys too. Good luck.

John  Smith

-----  Original Message ----
From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: quad-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Sunday, May  13, 2007 2:00:30 PM
Subject: [QUAD-L] control systems- low voltage  items

Any low-voltage item can be affected by high surge and voltage  drops.  You
should always make sure that if its a computer, adaptive  equipment or a
$15,000 plasma entertainment center, it should have protection  devices.

That being said, your electric power company may accept some  responsibility
for any damage.  But don't expect them to just drop a bag  of money on your
threshold.  You may have to call them and file a claims  form.  You may also
call the control system company and determine if  there is a reset circuit for
resetting your control system.

In a message dated 5/13/2007 11:47:56 A.M. Central Daylight Time,