I'm waiting for beano to come out in patch form..

john

-----Original Message-----
From: Quadius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: quad-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Wed, 23 May 2007 7:01 pm
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Gas

Sorry to add to this burgeoning topic, but I often have problems with this
also, but it is usually something that I have eaten.  I had a tremendous amount
of problems with my bowels constantly being irritated and tremendous amounts of
gas about two years ago.  In fact, it was so bad I was becoming somewhat
depressed.  I ended up seeing a psychotherapist and he suggested that I keep a
food journal and speak with the VA dietitian.  Using my food journal, the
dietitian quickly identified most of my problems as being more lactose
intolerant than I had previously believed and taking in too much fiber at one
time.

I really think seeing a dietitian and having a food journal in hand might solve
plenty of your problems.  I use lactose tablets in order to eat anything with
dairy and I also use Beano whenever I eat something that causes gas normally
(beans).  This has helped considerably.  My dietitian told me these are enzymes
with help the digestive system work better.  I have also started using
probiotics (found in yogurt) and I've even found some tablets so I don't have
to eat a tub of yogurt per day.

Quadius

At times I know I can produce enough gas to be considered an alternative source
of fuel. I find it helps to  roll on my left side for a few minutes each
morning. I use a high velocity window fan so my aids don't quit. May as well
laugh and stay away from broccoli.

john