Sorry to read your problem Mark.  It should be a industry standard or
atleast a personal standard that no one touch a chair, scooter, or van unless
they
are certified by the manufacturer, under warranty to do so.   Otherwose, you
have a lot of disinterested and untrained parties "learning at  your expense."
As a consumer, you assume that all McDonald's hamburgers are made and taste
the same.  As a consumer, you should NOT assume that anyone who  touches your
chair or scooter is certified and properly trained.  You don't  have to be
rude, just ask, "Are you Certified by the Manufacturer to perform  this task or
work."  You can also make up your own contracts and have them  signed by the
repair person that they are certified.  If they are not truly  certified and
you
permit them to touch you chair, you share some responsibility  in the end
results of THEIR actions.
This is why I've always advocated that if you are going to be a quad, be an
EDUCATED QUAD.  Be A Smart Consumer.  Know your rights.

Make sure that the DME that performed the work is notified and accepts
responsibility for their actions.
Best Wishes

In a message dated 7/28/2007 1:21:10 P.M. Central Daylight Time,