I once used a small piece of masonite, ace bandage, and velcro to make a finger
straightener. I press my palm on the board, straighten my fingers, and strap it
down. Didn't look very professional but worked fine.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 18:35:49 -0400Subject: Re: [QUAD-L]
Arm troughTo: quad-list@eskimo.com

kk writes:
I need to purchase an arm trough with a hand straightener attached to it.  My
handmakes a fist & I need help to keep it straight.I have seen lots of arm
trough but they don't have anything for the hand.  Any recommendations?

KK,

I personally like my hands to curl in a fist, but with that said Otto Bock has
a couple of hand pads. There is one (seconded one down on site) that may work.
I use the 14 in. troth with a flat hand pad (top one shown).

Anyhow, here is the page that shows them...

http://www.ottobockus.com/products/rehabilitation_daily_living/wc_ah.asp

I hope this can help,

Keith/34/C4-5/NJ

Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by
today.