That's definitely the approach I usually take.  I use all of the remedies
many people on here try (extra cranberry, extra fluid, apple cider vinegar,
etc.).  I only treat UTIs which become symptomatic.  This latest one I am
having, the first one since last year and also my first one which wasn't
caused by bladder stones or Urodynamics in seven years, has been one of the
worst I have experienced since 1998.  I forgot how terrible least things
make me feel.

Take care everyone.
Quadius