Having had a syrinix for over 6 years I've made a choice not to have a surgery
that more then likely will just end up in failure.   I would like to hear more
from any of you that have or had a syrinix and what kind of pain you have.  The
pain that I've is a constant pins a needles feeling from mid chest area out my
arms and finger tips to my toes.  A feeling like someone has a vice grip on my
groin area all the way up to my mid stomach area all the way around to my back.
 The pain med that has helped me is 2700 mg of neurontin a day and two darvacet
 at night.  These two drugs seem to keep my pain on a even level with no spikes
 As far as my bowel and bladder issues I'm doing pretty good with both.
However there are times that the darvacet leaves me a little constipated I use
a magic bullet to help move things along.

Living with my choice has made life difficult for me since I'm confined to my
wheelchair, home-bound and dependant  on my wife for my care full time.  This
at times creates a lot of friction between us but after 28 years of marriage we
have learned to go to neutral corners and after a little time things get better.

So I'd appreciate any of you that have dealt with the experience good or bad of
 dealing with a syrninix to please share your own experiences.  This hopefully
will help others.

David B.