Personally I think it all depends on what you want the program to do.

If you are able to work without voice-activated software in or just simply
wanting something to be able to dictate for you when you are writing
e-mails, letters, and other correspondence, then I would suggest the more
basic addition you can purchase in the normal stores.

If you need the hands free, then you need to go with the professional.

That's just my suggestion.  I used a professional because I do most
everything hands-free and keep in mind I have not used the normal home
edition.
Quadius