I have a question for the list members.  How important do you suppose it is for
any one of us to have an accurate diagnosis?

In my case I do not have a diagnosis, other than I have had injury to my t-1
and t-2 spinal cord.  The problem I seem to be running into here in Illinois is
having to prove that I am disabled to keep my medical insurance in place.

I originally started out with a diagnosis of  slowly progressive ALS, and a few
years later it was found that I had a crushed spinal cord caused by a tumor
that left me a quad.

They removed the tumor and a year later I could walk again, but just a little
bit.  Now they tell me I am no longer a quad.  When asked what I am I'm told
they don't know, even though I fight to get through the day.  I never did gain
the use of my hands again.

I told my wife that if I have a definitive diagnosis, I would stand a better
chance of keeping my medical insurance.

By some strange chance, has anyone else on the list here ever experienced this
type of situation.

Bill at Big River