From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; quad-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 4:37 am
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] getting a service dog.

 Hi Luke,
?

?you need to be a certain level, to get a service?dog, so you could do
his?needs.? If you don'tor can't will the dog not work for you?
Dana
?

Stacy

?

I trained my own service, but?I recommend getting one that is professionally
trained at least for your first dog.

Training a dog is not easy esspecially for a mid-high quad.? You need to be
able to care for all of the dogs
needs (i.e. feed, walk, put on and take off harness and gear, and groom and
bathe or take somewhere to get done).?
To me, if you can't be independent with the dog, then there's really no point
in getting one.? The only thing I get tired of doing
sometimes is going to bed late and waking up early for walks.?

In Texas you can get a dog free of charge http://www.servicedogs.org/

Luke c-5/6 incomplete, 7 1/2 yrs post

PS? I'm living completely independent in the college dorms because of the help
I get from my pup.