From: jetski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2008 1:28 PM
To: quad list
Subject: [QUAD-L] Response to Rollin On, Mark

Hi Mark.  Well, to answer your question, my onset was about 1995.  First I
lost the use of my left hand and then 6 months later my right hand and then
the paralisis began to spread to my left leg and then finally my right leg.
This is why the medical field thought I was suffering from ALS.

I am now 66, again the onset was when I was about 55, the age that ALS also
effects people.

In May of 02 the doctors gave me 24 hours to live, as the condition had
deteriorated to such a deplorable condition.  I can recall lying in my
hospital bed looking out of a window, thinking I would never go outdoors
again.  I was so paralyzed at that time if I wanted to roll over I had to
have my caregiver do it.

But, in retrospect, I can only guess God had other plans for me.  Exactly
what they are, I don't know yet, but I am waiting.

I can understand the "No finger Movement", it is frustrating to have to
fight to pick up even a piece of paper or not being able to button or zipper
something, instead having to wait until someone comes and does it for you.

Bill H.  T-1 & T-2 quadriparesis, 6 yrs.

Checked by AVG.
10:58 AM

Checked by AVG.
10:58 AM