Welcome Back Todd!  I hope you continue to post on your personal
experiences.  I'm sure that Breezy is alive and well with her husband,
somewhere in
Florida, with her pitbulls.  Do you remember DTXNews, Sue as  well as she used
post a lot here.  Each year we pick up another  generation of newbies and some
thought provoking stories of how it happen and  how its changed their lives.

Regarding your experience... I hope it never happens again.  I hope it  never
happens to anyone... ever.
But we both know that it can happen and when it does, the first thing you  do
is file a report with the airlines about the damage and how it will affect
your life, being as graphic as you can.  If the worse doesn't occur, all  the
best.  Because as you have witnessed, it can and often does  happen.

I've seen old cases that went before a review board, and nothing in the
original damage report was referenced to what could happen if repairs and
replacement didn't happen within a specified time. The industry can used  that
against you in their defense as saying "we didn't know or couldn't perceive
the
future."  For this reason, it is most important to spell it out in the  very
first report.  This way the ball will always be in the air industry's  court.

Again, glad to read that you are back Teach!

In a message dated 4/1/2008 12:01:47 P.M. Central Daylight Time,