I think dosing and reaction to neurontin is *very* much related to each
person's own metabolism and body chemistry... moreso than some other common
drugs.  One of the more common problems I've heard from both quads and
able-bodied people is a tendancy toward some weight gain.  (A factor I
completely forgot to take into account when I asked about diets the other day.)

I *was* taking 300mg/3x/day from '97 up until September.  It helped without
making me sleepy even though I took it with baclofen, valium and either
hydrocodone or hydromorphone.

Since my hospitalization in August, I, too, had my dosages pushed up.  Now it's
900mg/3x/day in additioon to all the others.  Still no sleepiness.  However, I
(my body)have always been very resistant to these types of meds.  My mother is
the oppposite... half a dose of most OTC "non-drowsy" allergy pills put her to
sleep for obver 2 hours!

Trial and error and make sure your doc knows if/when the drowsiness outweighs
the benefits expected.

Good luck & hang in there!

Best regards,
--Tod