From: Stacy Harim [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 12:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; quad-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: FW: [QUAD-L] neurontin

I've tried morphine and dilatid(sp?).  Neither have worked.  Not even for my
back where the screw has moved its way through the vertebrae. I have also
tried oxycodone.  I do take 50mg of cymbalta but that was prescribed when I
was going through all of the spinal surgeries and got really depressed about
it in the hospital.  I gave up on all pain meds except for the lyrica.

One thing you all in pain might want to ask about is methadone.  It does
something with the nerve endings to relieve pain.  It's much less of mg. for
pain.  I did take it at one time but when my spasms got really bad, I had to
quit it to take diazipam because it lowers your heart rate. I got it through
my pain doctor.  It did really work and I am considering taking it again
because I no longer take the diazipam since my spasms are much better since
I got my spinal surgery.

It's something I would consider if your pain is that bad.  It worked for me
and my pain at one time was out of control.  Since I have been taking
lyrica, its' been much better but since my back is in so much pain I am
going to talk to my doc about the methadone again.  I think it makes a
difference.

I'm sorry to hear about your pain.  I took a health psychology class and we
learned about managing pain and it personally helped me learn how to manage
it.  There are things you can do to help take your mind off of it.  In some
ways its kind of like medatation by thinking of other things in a nice quiet
setting that relax you.  I'm sure most of you in a lot of pain have tried
everything you can think of but just letting you know some of the things
that help me.

Good luck,
Stacy