In many hospitals it has become policy not to do dig stim unless
specifically ordered by your doctor.  Many lawsuits were filed when nurses
with long
fingernails caused rectal hemmoraging (sp?) and longer hospital  stays.  I've
asked nurses to cut their nails before allowing them to insert  suppositories.

In a message dated 6/6/2008 3:01:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,