From: Cathy Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: quad-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2008 7:45:57 PM
Subject: [QUAD-L] recent loss of mobility

Hi....Ihave been a quad for 30 years [female - 57 yrs., incomplete fracture of
C3,4,&5.] Although in a wheelchair, I have been able to get out of it, standing
and holding onto support fairly easily up until 2 months ago. I was at work and
suddenly found out that I could not rise off of the toilet, my body had become
basically dead weight. Also, up until then, I could swing my legs to the side
of my bed and stand up to pivot into my chair. Now, I can barily turn over and
then slide out of the side of the bed into my chair with difficulty. At first I
thought it was my knee but now I think that it might be my spine [I had C3,4,&5
fused in 1978] When that happened at work, I also had a really bad cold, cough,
laryngytis and ear problem - maybe a virus went through my body??? Has anyone
experienced anything like this? Interested in feedback.
Thanks Cathy