Hi Tim!

Great to get a new chair!  Thumbs up!

My Permobil Chairman is 9 1/2 years old now.  The upholstery on the back &
armrests  started going about 4 years ago and now I find lil black specks
everywhere (even on my neck, etc SOMEHOW!).  I also have the tilt and
recline and use the tilt feature constantly!

My last chair, a Fortress Scientific, only had a recline feature but I loved
that chair for the 12 years I was in in it.  The back of the chair was very
thick and pretty much hollow so it felt much better than the one that comes
with the Permobil.  Even though I had extra foam put in the back of this
Permobil -- it STILL feels so hard OR my chronically hurting back is
oversensitive.  I don't know which.

There was a discussion here over a year ago about those of us here who have
Permobils and have felt that their back has hurt worse.  Any of those of you
still out there?  I think there were about four of us including me.

Like many ... no idea what my next chair (long overdue) choice will be.
I've been in my ~comfort zone~ with it by being in my Permobil almost a
decade now and am leery to change.  Hubby says no more Permobils (for many
reasons) but he is not the one in the chair all day long either!

I really regret NOT getting the elevated feature so it would be much easier
to get batteries put in.  It has been a major hassle for me to stay in bed
to get new batteries put in while my husband has to take it to the vendor
and they turn it on its side or something.

After spending 12 years in my last chair... it took me awhile (months) to
get used to my Permobil back in early 1999.

* How was your new cair paid for Tim -- if I might ask?  And who was the
vendor that you will continue to go to for services?  That also seems to be
a major problem for many of us.  I also forgot which state you live in?

* I also can't remember... is this your first Permobil or did you have one
before?  Although you did mention your "Quickie" so I assume that was your
previous chair.  Did your body adjust to it right away?

* Are you just sitting on the bucket seat or are you using a special cushion
instead?  I sat in the bucket seat up until four years ago with no skin
problems whatsoever that were pressure related.  But I decided to take the
opportunity to have Medicare pay for a cushion after my last wound caused by
"moisture".  It is called a VARILITE cushion.

It is so weird sometimes when you find that your body cannot easily "go
back" to something.  About a year ago as I would go back to using the bucket
seat but my body screamed NO I really bad feelings and spasms.

The same happened when, after sitting in my Permobil for about a year and
finally gotten used to it, I went to go back to try Old Faithful one day and
my body reacted the same and I had to go back to bed and switch chairs!

I notice the bumps just as much as any other chair I have used.  The
big front wheels go over everything smoothly but the smaller back wheels
make everything, including sidewalks operations, a definite KA-THUD all the
time... therefore jarring my body.

Thanks for sharing that you are happy with it!  I think I only have 5
questions (yikes!) but I would be much obliged if you would answer them.

Best,
Lori Michaelson
Age - 44
C4/5 complete quad, 28 years post