OK< THANKS LORI, I WAS WORRIED ABOUT TRYING THAT ONE--------DAN H.

Lori Michaelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:      Hi folks,

  IGNORE that home remedy I found online & shared with y'all. [below] Sorry.

  I was telling my husband about it last night and he said "Backing SODA???" I
said... "Yes." He said "Backing Soda is ALKALINE!!!!" Just the complete
opposite of what would be needed or trying to achieve! It's pretty much the
exaxt same thing as Alka-Seltzer [just withou th the fizz]. Ya know ... "Alka"
Seltzer. Alkaline. GEEZ.   We need the opposite -- aciditic properties.

  Once again, that goes to show you that "a supposed expert" (some urologist in
THAT article -- Kristene E. Whitmore, M.D., chief of urology and director of
the Incontinence Center at Graduate Hospital in Philadelphia) does not know too
much or is completely incompetent as a doctor. Or failed human physiology or
biology 101.   Perhaps I can find her online and she has an e-mail address.

  I guess that for those of us who do not know much about the properties of a
particular supplement or home remedy, etc. -- we have to be very, very careful
of what is written down. And even if it is backed up by a supposed expert --
don't believe everything you read!

  Lori
  ---------------------

  ANTIBACTERIAL STRATEGIES :
  If a urine culture indicates that you have a UTI, your doctor will probably
prescribe antibiotics. In addition to taking the medication, here's what you
can do to relieve symptoms and prevent future recurrences.
  Fix yourself a baking soda cocktail. "At the first sign of symptoms, mix half
a teaspoon of baking soda in an eight-ounce glass of water and drink it," says
Kristene E. Whitmore, M.D., chief of urology and director of the Incontinence
Center at Graduate Hospital in Philadelphia. The baking soda raises the pH
(acid-base balance) of irritating, acidic urine. This raises the PH in your
urinary tract so the bacteria can't survive.
  OR 1) A mixture of 1/2 tsp baking soda in eight ounce glass of water can be
very helpful as a UTI preventative or during the first signs of urinary tract
infection. The presence of baking soda in your system raises the acid-base
balance of the acidic urine. Or 1 teaspoon into a liter of water.
  IF you have a diagnosed, symptomatic UTI -- take the antibiotics that are
necessary to treat the family of bacteria that is present.