  From: Veranda Escobar
  To: quad-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 6:13 PM
  Subject: [QUAD-L] BACHOFLEN PUMP INFECTED

        OK SORRY GUYS MY COMP IS ACTING WEIRD SO I AM HAVING TO WRITE IN CAPS :(

        I HAD TO WRITE ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN. I AM SO FUSSY ABOUT RIGHT NOW.
NOT TO MENTION DEPRESSED (OK I SAID IT). IN AUG,07 I HAD BACHOFLEN PUMP
REPLACED I WAS IN BAD PAIN A WEEK LATER THEY DISCOVERED I HAD A HEMATITE IN THE
SURGERY SITE. SO THEY WENT BACK IN & TOOK OUT . UNFORTUNATELY 2 DAYS LATER MY
FATHER PASSED SO I WAS UP WHOLE WEEK MAKING ARRANGEMENT'S PLUS FUNERAL (NO
HEALING TIME). FOR 8 MONTHS I WAS IN SEVERE BACK PAIN ON JULY 2ND I WOKE UP TO
A  POOL OF BLOOD THE SITE SLIT RIGHT OPEN WAS RUSHED TO ER W/INFECTION TO SITE.
PUMP WAS TAKEN OUT AFTER A TWO WK STAY I WAS RELEASED. WHILE THERE CONTRACTED
C-DIFF AND A BAD UTI. WENT HOME ON ORAL BACHOFLEN WAS IN HORRIBLE PAIN WAS
RUSHED BACK 2 WKS LATER AFTER A 36 HOUR FIGHT OF NO SLEEP, SEVERE SPASMING,
VOMITING, DELUSIONAL,NO FOOD, DIARRHEA. STAY TWO MORE WKS PUMP WAS REPLACED
AFTER THEY GOT THE OK'S THAT ALL INFECTIONS WERE GONE. WENT TO REHAB 2 MORE
WKS. NOW HOME DOING OUTPATIENT THERAPY. I FEEL SO SICK STILL, VERY WEAK, NO
APPETITE. I HAVE TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE HAS GONE THRU THIS? AND FOR ANYONE ELSE
PLS TELL ME AFTER THEIR OWN HOSPITAL STAYS HOW LONG WAS IT BEFORE THEY EVEN
FELT BETTER? I PLANNED TO GO BK TO WK THIS WEEK, BUT WAS TO WEAK TO EVEN TRY.

        VERANDA C6-C7 INC