Hi,

Two things, first keep the area clean with saline/peroxide (2/3   saline 1/3
peroxide).  Then
make a tea wash by taking one half cup of water, place a tea bag (no  herbal)
and nuke
for 30 seconds, let the solution set with the tea bag for several  hours
before using.
The tea is used to change the ph of the area which does wonders.  I  know,
sounds like a
witches brew, but an RN friend, head of a wound care clinic said it is an
old remedy
that is being brought back.  I usually use a fan for 5-8 minutes after  this
to completely dry the area.

Doctors and nurses won't advise this, or the use of Bag Balm, neither  is FDA
approved.

Going one more step further, use Xenaderm, an expensive cream, but it
promotes
blood flow to the area.

But, keep using Bag Balm as it is anesthetic and antiseptic, helping kill
germs and
protect the area from urine issues.

I'm 42 years post SCI and have seen them all.

GA