In a message dated 12/8/2008 10:07:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I had a friend in MI that  backed out onto his lift (full size Ford van) and
rolled off the end when the  plate failed to tip up on the end of the lift.
He was killed in the  fall.  I hope you're talking about a mini-van, Dave.
Just a word of  caution for big van users.

I'm here to testify to a fall like this! I wasn't backing off but I pulled
on & my dogs had caught my attention because they got out of the house. I  was
turning to tell my daughter & my hand hit the joystick. At the time I  was in
a chain driven chair (I bought out of the paper). My van was old, 1st  one,
plates didn't work, so off I went backwards. I barely missed the  concrete &
landed in the grass. My daughter had moved the van so I could get  in, (not
much). My head hit my husband's bronco, put a dent in the front fender.  The
chair
is gone and so is the van! I now have a mini but I drive in and drive  out
forwards. I do have a lap belt and chest belt on. But Dave is right! Gotta  be
careful because to live and learn in this quad life...HURTS!
Dianna