From: Joan Anglin <poaj...@sbcglobal.net>
To: quad-list@eskimo.com; Sherry Rai <ra...@pwcs.edu>; jonasmon...@hotmail.com;
m...@reimers.com; wolf89...@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 2:06:59 PM
Subject: [QUAD-L] In case of emergency

received this from our POA chat line-pony of America-thought it was a good
enough idea to share with everybody.
Joan
in sunny Reno-although it’s only 12°

C E - IN CASE OF EMERGENCY

Apparently
this is a standard procedure all paramedics follow at the scene of an accident
when they come across your cell phone.
ICE
- 'In Case of Emergency'
We
all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory but
nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our
closest family or friends.
If
we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending
us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Yes, there are
hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an
emergency? Hence this 'ICE' (In Case of Emergency) Campaign The concept of
'ICE' is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency
situations. As cell(mobile) phones are carried by the majority of the
population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or
persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name 'ICE' ( In Case
Of Emergency).
The
idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of
accidents, th ere were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know
which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a  good idea
if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency
situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to
quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored
as 'ICE.'
For
more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc. A great idea
that will make a difference!
Let's
spread the concept of ICE by storing  an ICE number in our  Mobile
phones today!
Please
forward  this. It won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody will
know about this .  It really could saveyour life, or put a loved one's
mind at rest . ICE will speak for you when you can not

“Change - When one door closes, another opens but we often
look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one
which has opened for us."Alexander
Graham Bell