Below is an article I saw in "Action" magazine written by Amy Meisner Threet,
MSW

            A Psychological thriller explores the subculture of people who
"wannabe" disabled.

   Quid Pro Quo, a new film that opens in select cities this summer, explores
a dark side of the disabled world. It's not a true story, exactly, but it's
not totally fiction, either. In writer-director Carlos Brooks debut feature,
the fetish world of "wannabes"is exposed. Theses are non-disabled people who
are
obsessed with disability to the point, in extreme cases, where they look on
the Internet for surgeons to perform elective amputations. Less severe
physically, yet as injurious psychologically, perhaps, are those who choose to
be in
wheelchairs, use braces, crutches, breathing apparatuses, ect., when they don't
really need them.

      TWISTING PLOT

   The film follows a news reporter for National Public Radio (NPR), Isaac
Knott, played by Nick Stahl (Sin City, Terminator 3). Isaac has been a
paraplegic since he was a young boy as a result of a car crash that also left
him an
orphan. This incident is played throughout the film as a dream sequence.
   Isaac goes on assignment, based on mysterious emails he receives, to look
into a group of people who meet to share their secret desire to experience
disability. Isaac attends an eerie meeting of these "wannabes" in a darkened
basement. He is shocked by what he witnesses. When he let's the other group
members know who he is and what his mission is, they all scatter for fear of
exposure.
   Through this underworld, Isaac meets Fiona, adeptly played by Vera Farmiga
(The Departed, Running Scared), who he learns who may have been involved with
the car accident that affected Isaac's life. There is an intimate
relationship. Isaac has previously been in a relationship with a woman in a
wheelchair.
The role of his ex-fincee Raine, is played by Paralympic skier (and wheelchair
user) Aimee Mullins. She has a brief scene with Isaac while he and Fiona are
in a restaurant as Fiona is experiencing being out in her wheelchair with her
braces in public. Raine now has an able-bodied boyfriend.
   Confused yet? Hang in there! It's worth it.
I won't reveal more so you can enjoy the twists if you decide to go. But I
will say that Fiona makes a statement that resonated with me. "Even without the
chair and braces," she says, "I am already disabled."
  To quote a friend of mine with cerebral palsy, "if we live long enough,
we'll all be disabled in some way."

        Points of View

   I complimented Brooks on the POV (point of view) shots of Nick on the
street as they captured the need to look up the world, getting pushed and
ignored
like most people in wheelchairs are on busy cities. The movie did take place
and was shot in NYC. This film has an advance screening for members of the
community in NYC. After the film, there was a question and answer period.
Having
spoken to two of the attendees, they lent some interesting insights. Carr
Massey and Michael Costello, both wheelchair users, disability activists, and
New
Yorkers, stated that the film was fascinating due to the subject matter,
however real disability issues were ignored. There really aren't as many
comfortable
entrances and exits for people in wheelchairs in businesses or homes, as
portrayed in the film. This was a general response.
   As for me, I sat go see the film. It's definitely thought provoking and
titillating, as the director hops. Carlos Brooks seems to want to focus on
disability issues. Let's see where he goes from here.

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1217883258x1201191827/aol?redir=http://www.dell.com/co
ntent/products/features.aspx/laptops_great_deals?c=us%26cs=19%26l=en%26s=d
hs%26~ck=anavml)