Dreamtime microwave heat body wraps from drugstore.com

  _____

From: Raymond Kelly [mailto:kel...@hughes.net]
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 5:00 PM
To: Quad-list
Subject: [QUAD-L] Hypothermia

I doubt anybody has an answer to this being it is part of being a
quadriplegic.  Anyway I have been a quadriplegic for almost 16 years now.
It seems that every year it is harder to keep warm.  I remember the first
year I was hurt I wore shorts and tank tops all summer just to stay cool.
Now after being a quad this long this long I end up wearing sweatpants and a
sweatshirt most of the summer just to stay warm.  During the winter I wear
sweatpants, two thermal shirts, a sweatshirt, a knit hat and have a blanket
on me just to stay in the house.  that doesn't even keep me warm.  Even with
all that and the house being about 73° I still have trouble keeping my
temperature above 95°.
It would be great if somebody on here had a miracle way to help this.  I
guess I am wondering if this is a typical quadriplegic problem for it to get
worse every year.  If it is it would be interesting to hear how other people
cope with this.