You might want to try using Loc-Line instead of the flexable stainless steel tubings. I replaced the ones I had with Loc-Line which are more flexible and seem to stay where I position them better. I use them for my sip and puff wheelchair and adaptive morse code keyboard/mouse.

I did see one here that has a stainless steel base and Loc-Line.
http://www.quadcontrol.com/sippuffswitch.htm

I use these flex tubes at the end to sip and puff into
http://idsdental.stores.yahoo.net/salivaejectors.html