He was in very bad debt, but mostly because of his spending habits and life
style. Not only did he own his music, but he owned most of the early
Beatle's music by out bidding Paul when they came up for auction. Though I
think he recently had to sell the Beatles collection because of his debts.

I just never though he sounded very good after the Jackson 5. No soul, he
left Motown and left the soul there.

Greg

  _____

I was not his biggest fan.  Nothing personal mind you.  I liked his music
and his ability to dance and entertain, but, but but... beyond that, he was
just another very rich person with no education, lead by managers and
handlers all his life.  He did what he was told.  He made millions for those
who handled him.  I am sure that we will find out later, that he died
without a penny and deeply in debt.  And even in death the money that is
made will go to his debtors.  Not like Elvis who owned all of his rights,
even in death.

Let that be a lesson to all.