From: RONALD L PRACHT [mailto:r.pra...@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 9:56 AM
To: quad-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] information about mini vans versus full size and
wheelchair

Im a c7 quad and I drive a 2000 Safari mini van with a 4.3 v6 and a side
entry lift. Learning how to park a side entry wheelchair van is a trick.
Actually Ive found there is no full proof way to do it. If your not driving
this isnt an issue which is a good thing. Full size vans with a lift are
harder to find these days but have advantages....more room....no ramp to go
up...and are more durable after 100,000 miles. The minis get better gas
mileage, are easier to drive and park and with the drop floor you can see
out the window and get in parking garages and the car wash. The raised roof
full size vans are a pain...pain....pain.....you cant see anything when you
ride, no parking garages or car washes. Either go with a mini or a full size
dropped floor van. Also try to get a dual armed lift then you are good for
800 pounds. The single arm vangaters are good for maybe 600 pounds

ron c7