Greg,

I think 21st Century still makes the old style chairs with the 20" rear tires.
I had a new chair made in 2005 and RD said they had no plans to discontinue
them (though that WAS 5 years ago).

I find the smaller rear wheels getting me stuck in gravel, soft soil, etc. much
more often than the more narrow big tires.  I specifically decided on the
smaller rear tires for just that reason and very quickly was disappointed!
It's either that or the weightdistribution with their group 27 batteries causes
the small, wide tires to dig in more... not sure.

If I was to get another, I'd be asking for the big rear again.  (tires, that is)

Best!
--Tod