in that case I wish you more!
Best Wishes

In a message dated 1/3/2010 6:56:34 P.M. Central Standard Time,
g...@eskimo.com writes:

I have been very  lucky with getting chairs. So far I’ve always got the
chair I wanted,  including a Permobil. Though that was from a state insurance
program for  uninsurable people with pre existing injuries. That was great
insurance,  bought me a Permobil and a Surehands ceiling lift. Though the
premiums were a  lot. Just as I was moving out of state so losing that
insurance, I got a TDX3  from them.  I hated the electronics on that, the jerky
steering, the  clanky electric legrests, the back hurt my shoulders a lot. A
year
later with  new insurance, I got a new TDX5, so much nicer. With the same
insurance still  and the chair only 5 years old. I now might have to wait
awhile. It is  breaking down a lot now. And with my back curving more. I might
need some  major chair seat/back modifications. But I sure would like 11.6
mph…!
I’d love to take a  chair to a motorcycle or car customizing shop. I’d cut
a bunch of needless  stuff off, hide more wiring, maybe a custom cover over
the bottom half of the  chair, a gps unit that could be tracked from a home
computer (incase of  emergency), a flip down platform on the back a friend
could stand on, cstom  legrests more like sport manual chairs, maybe a
armrest pad could flip open  for a phone,  etc.
If you no longer need  things adjustable, you could make things much
smoother.  Just make it to  your size/.fit.  My armrest, thigh pads, joystick
bar,
have all kinds of  knobs, nuts, etc that could be left off. There are so
many things that could  be done to make chairs better looking.
Greg

____________________________________

I might have missed  something as the rules for obtaining a new chair has
changed in the last 5  years.  Just ask anyone who has received one.  What
you want, you  may not get or you may get more.  Much depends on how well you
follow the  protocol, with your doctor, occupational therapist, the DME's
ATS, they way  the order is coded and pre-approval of CMS.  I know of some who
were  surprised at what they got and others complained.  But there is
nothing  wrong with starting a list and hoping that your doctor and CMS  agrees.

Happy New  Year

Best  Wishes

In a message dated  1/2/2010 4:49:45 P.M. Central Standard Time,