Details below from Simi:

I am thrilled to announce that I have been nominated for an EPIC Emerging
Artist Award via the White House Project. This recognition is for the
forthcoming documentary Invitation to Dance, a film about disability and
dance, produced and directed by Christian von Tippelskirch and myself.
The film is a personal portrait of my life, and more broadly it is about
disabled people's quest for equality, justice, and a place on the dance
floor.

This is a contest and we need your vote!!! Go to:

http://www.thewhite
<http://www.thewhitehouseproject.org/epic/emerging_artist.php>
houseproject.org/epic/emerging_artist.php

To view the clip, first click on the right arrow underneath the movie
frame and scroll to "Invitation to Dance." Select it, then click on the
YouTube icon inside the frame to see a larger version. To vote, select
"Invitation to Dance" then click the vote button. That's it. The top
three finalists will attend a gala sponsored by Lifetime Television on
April 7th where the winner will be announced.

In order to have the strongest impact, please send this message out far
and wide to all networks asking people to vote for us ASAP. The stakes are
high. This is a great opportunity to bring attention to disabled people's
ideas and artistry.

We will be sending out more announcements about the film and outreach
initiative in the future. metufferfilms@ <mailto:metufferfilms%40gmail.com>
gmail.com is the best way to
reach Christian or Simi. This is an exciting moment. Thanks so much for
your support.

Cheers, Simi

Link to press release:

http://www.topix.