The hand puppet I can't match - pun intended.

My Mother in-law's intention, or explanation, was "I thought Pete could
work it for you" Pete and I had been dating about one month before I met her,
that night when I saw him he started crying. He said "My Mother doesn't want
me to see you anymore" Pete was 31 My immediate question was "Well, do you
want to keep seeing me"? he said "Yes, of course" I told him plainly "Well
then keep seeing me" Pete who NEVER went against his Mother's wishes said "All
right I will" we've been happily together 28 years.               Bobbie