I was always thought that it is important for quadriplegics to get shoes
that are at least one size larger than they used before the injury.  This
allows for swelling.

I used to wear a 12 regular, now I use a 13 wide and have had little or no
problem at all over the last 15 years.
Good luck,
Quadius