From: RONALD L PRACHT
To: Derrick ; quad-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] van battery

      Hey,
        Ive got a gmc safari wheelchair van that has power doors, lift and a
six way power transfer seat. Ive owned the van for 5 yrs and have been through
5 batterys. I was sucking so much power out of the battery that is boiled the
battery acid over the top of the battery onto the driveway, lol. I just put in
a optima gel red top battery in my van. Im hoping I will get better service out
of it than the acid ones. I will tell you that the key is starting the van (if
possible) before you run all the power accessories. When the van is running you
can run anything you want because the power draw is put on the alternator.
Using the power options with the engine off is what kills the battery.
Replacing the battery every year is a piece of cake though unless you own a
Dodge then you have to disassemble half the van to get the battery out. Most
batterys have a 3 yr warranty.....when you use your warranty dont explain to
much or they might void the warranty.

      ron c7