I would like to start by thanking everyone for your support regarding my
survey.  I would also like to address some of the concerns.  First the reason I
am working toward my doctorate in psychology is to help others with SCI.  Once
my doctorate is finished I would like to work in a rehab hospital with persons
who have sustained a SCI.  I chose this path because I sustained a SCI at the
age of 18.  During rehab I had an unfortunate experience with a therapist and
decided to pursue a degree in psychology.  In regards to recruiting males with
SCI it is because the majority of persons with SCI are males nothing more but I
understand your frustration.  I know the statistics are changing so hopefully
in the future more research will focus on females.
I have been emailing numerous agencies for assistance with recruiting
participants for my survey.  Jim was one of those people.  He is the one who
recommended my posting it on the quad-list.  If you have any other questions or
concerns please feel free to contact me.

Thanks again,
Shanna